Christmas at Presqu'ile Volunteer Sign Up
Christmas at Presqu'ile is the Friends' largest fund raiser. All proceeds from the Show and Raffle are invested in The Friend's environmental and educational programs in Presqu'ile Provincial Park.
Venues include the Christmas House (Nature Centre), Stonehedge Tea Room and the Lighthouse Gallery (Lighthouse Interpretive Centre.)
Volunteers are needed before, during and after the event dates. Below is a description of tasks.
Tasks DURING the show
- Parking: outdoors, directing drivers to parking spaces
- Greeting at Christmas House: outdoors, engaging visitors in conversation while they wait to enter building, handing out samples
- Customer Assistance: indoors, collect items to be purchased from customers for layaway *most volunteers needed for this task*
- Wrapping: indoor, wrap purchases for customers
- Cash Register: indoors, use cash register or debit machine (experience required)
- Layaway: indoors, retrieve items from layaway for customers ready to pay
- Tea Room: indoors, greeting customers or serving food, clearing tables
- Greeting at Lighthouse Art Gallery: indoors, greet customers at the Lighthouse Art Gallery
Tasks PRIOR to the show
- Furniture Moving/Set Up: lift and move large furniture from storage to Christmas house for set up (September/October)
- Tent Set Up: outdoors, early November
Tasks AFTER the show is completed
- Furniture Moving/Take Down: lift and move large furniture from Christmas house to storage (late November)
- Tent Take Down: outdoors, mid November
Please provide your contact information below and indicate what tasks you would be willing to take on. Our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to confirm your participation. Thank you!