We Welcome Volunteers...You Should Be One!
Much of what you see in Presqu'ile Park has been funded or built by the Friends. According to Ontario Parks, since the Friends were formed in 1988, we have contributed over $5 million into the Park. This is a remarkable achievement, made possible by each and every one of our volunteers.
Volunteers can participate in opportunities such as:
- Special Event Weekends in the Park: Waterfowl Weekend, Warblers and Whimbrels Weekend, History Weekend, Monarchs and Migrants Weekend
- Fundraising Activities: raffle ticket sales, weekend barbecues, Christmas at Presqu'ile Arts and Crafts Show
- Community Events: History Day, Canada Day, Applefest
- Working in the Park: trail monitoring trail building, environmental initiatives
- Interpreting in the Nature Centre or Lighthouse Interpretive Centre
- Staffing the Lighthouse Gift Shop
- Joining a Committee: Membership, Volunteer, Finance and Fund-raising, Education and Interpretation, Communications and Public Relations, Board of Directors
Click on the descriptions below for specific positions available:
- Board Member (Membership required)
- Christmas at Presqu'ile
- Communications Team
- Adult Education Programs
- Environmental Programs
- Lighthouse Gift Shop
- Lighthouse Interpretive Centre
- Kids 'n Nature Summer Camp
- Kids 'n Nature School Program
- Nature Centre
- Summer Barbecues
Ready to Sign Up to Volunteer?
Choose an option:
1) Fill out our general online form.
3) Download a paper copy of the volunteer application. Please print the form, fill it in, and mail it to us.
Our Volunteer Committee works hard to find just the right volunteer for each task at our many events. They will contact those who are willing to volunteer and will fit them into the roles that suit.
If you want more information about volunteering with The Friends of Presqu'ile, please email us at email@example.com .
Want to Become a Member of the Friends of Presqu'ile Park?
Friends of Presqu'ile Volunteer Signup
Please complete the form below to select what areas in which you wish to volunteer or if you are presently a volunteer and you wish to update your form with either new contact information or a change in areas in which you wish to volunteer.