We Welcome Volunteers...You Should Be One!
If you already know what you wish to volunteer for, please jump ahead to our volunteer signup form.
Much of what you see in Presqu'ile Park has been funded or built by the Friends. According to Ontario Parks, since the Friends were formed in 1988, we have contributed over $5 million into the Park. This is a remarkable achievement, made possible by each and every one of our volunteers.
Volunteers can participate in opportunities such as:
- Special Event Weekends in the Park: Waterfowl Weekend, Warblers and Whimbrels Weekend, History Weekend, Monarchs and Migrants Weekend
- Fundraising Activities: raffle ticket sales, weekend barbecues, Christmas at Presqu'ile Arts and Crafts Show
- Community Events: History Day, Canada Day, Applefest
- Working in the Park: trail monitoring trail building, environmental initiatives
- Interpreting in the Nature Centre or Lighthouse Interpretive Centre
- Staffing the Lighthouse Gift Shop
- Joining a Committee: Membership, Volunteer, Finance and Fund-raising, Education and Interpretation, Communications and Public Relations, Board of Directors
Click on the descriptions below for specific positions available:
- Board Member (Membership required)
- Christmas at Presqu'ile
- Communications Team
- Adult Education Programs
- Environmental Programs
- Lighthouse Gift Shop
- Lighthouse Interpretive Centre
- Kids 'n Nature Summer Camp
- Kids 'n Nature School Program
- Nature Centre
- Summer Barbecues
Ready to Sign Up to Volunteer?
Choose an option:
1) Our online form to let us know where you wish to volunteer.
2) Download a paper copy of the volunteer application. Please print the form, fill it in, and mail it to us.
Our Volunteer Committee works hard to find just the right volunteer for each task at our many events. They will contact those who are willing to volunteer and will fit them into the roles that suit.
If you want more information about volunteering with The Friends of Presqu'ile, please email us at email@example.com .
Want to Become a Member of the Friends of Presqu'ile Park?
Artisan and Crafters Registration Request
You are completing the following form to have your products accepted for our Christmas at Presqu'ile Juried Arts and Crafts show.
New vendors must have their information to us by May 15, each year to ensure you are in time to be included in the jurying process. Your entry is not accepted until you receive confirmation from us.
For any points of clarification email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your information will be kept on a secure database and not shared with any other organisation.